The children of Hurin review (English)

Hello there,

So I finally came to write this article, and add yet another page to the blogger servers and fill your hearts with joy to have another article to read.


Storyline

I've read this book and now I'm here typing out this article, but first the storyline ofcourse. Hurin goes to war against the prime villain of this world. The battle is lost and he gets captured by Morgoth and he is now a slave.

Then Turin has to leave his home and gets to an elven city and lives out his youth here. But because of n incident he thinks he has to leave and so he does.He becomes the leader of a band of thugs Meets a dwarf and trough some events he kind of becomes king of his own country.

He then Marries with his sister who was under the spell of this dragon, he continues to battle this dragon as it is part of the curse that has befallen his family

My opinion and other irritanting stuff

I personally this was a good story, written in Tolkien classic style. I ofcourse, read this book in a translated version in dutch but it is still in the style that tolkien intended (I compared the dutch translated version and the english version) 

A day or 2 ago, I heard the news that the story about Beren and Luthien is coming out in 2017, I have to have this book, and ofcourse I have to have this book. And here is a little fact for you guys, Hurin and Turin are relatd to Beren and Luthien.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

About my preferences in movies and books